Saturday 10:00 - 17:00
Sunday 12:00 - 17:00

The Psychiatric Centre Joris used to be situated between Koningsplein and Geerweg. In 1892-1895 it was expanded with an “outside institute”. The complex consisted of several pavilions. Only the former director’s house Villa Maria (Oostsingel) and the main building with a chapel attached to it, are preserved. Design in neo-Renaissance style by city architect Martinus Hartman. The chapel has a special roof construction, so-called hammerbeam trusses. The main building is now a museum dedicated to the history of the institution and nursing of the mentally ill.