The childless mayor's daughter and widow Elisabeth Pauw founded this courtyard for weak and needy women (1707). Elisabeth survived two spouses, both mayor, Johan and Dirck van der Dussen. The latter is mentioned in the facade stone above the entrance as co-founder. The gatehouse is located at Paardenmarkt, with above the passage the former regent’s room.
On the inner area three blocks with a total of eight houses, situated around a courtyard garden, that was redecorated in 2007.
The houses are now inhabited by mentally challenged people.