* Mill is closed to new visitors after 4.30 pm.
Originally, there were eighteen mills around Delft. Only this one remains. This fully functioning corn mill was built on the city ramparts. Originally a wooden post mill, it was replaced in 1679 by a hollow post mill supported by a masonry hexagonal base. The miller's house was added in 1728; the mill’s sub-structure was elevated simultaneously. Around 1760, the current round stone upper structure was realised. In 2022, De Roos received several historic millstones found during work around the construction of the underground railway tunnel.
See also film below this sound fragment