In 1759, from the legacy of Maria Duyst van Voorhout, baroness of Renswoude, a handicraft school in Louis XV style could be built for talented orphans. Sculptor and artist Joseph Bollina was responsible for design/construction. The interiors have rich rococo stucco, with chubby child figurines. Very special are the 18th-century original wall coverings in reddish-brown velour d'Utrecht and the marble mantelpiece in the Regents’ room. The floor in the backroom features ‘barefoot marble’. The building is in use by historic houses association Vereniging Hendrick de Keyser.