* The last tour starts at 4:30 PM!
Large, luxurious town mansion with look-out tower, built shortly after 1500 for chief magistrate Jan de Huyter. Rare example of a late-Gothic city palace. Sandstone facade in late Brabant Gothic style, with many decorative sculptures. Heraldic portrayals and symbols referring to Burgundy dynasty. Purchased by Delﬂand Water Authority in 1645 and subsequently used as ‘Gemeenlandshuis’. Cartouche with coats of arms dating from that time above entrance. Garden room is decorated with painted wallpaper from the 18th century. Facade was restored in 1888 and interior in 1931-1933.