The Freemasons lodge originally consisted of two buildings. Following a renovation around 1816, the two were united and a new Empire-style facade was added. A Latin School was established (‘gymnasium’ from 1839), whereby the left part most likely functioned as a teacher’s home. It became a store/dwelling house in the late 19th century. Since 1893 the right part has been owned/used by Freemasons’ Lodge Silentium and the Great Hall, or ‘workplace’, was added. In 1930 this space was altered according to a plan by Jan Wils.