One of the oldest buildings in Delft, built around 1465 for housing the homeless and foundlings. Characterising this former Heilige Geesthuis are the heavy oak joists, wall posts and roof construction. Originally 72 metres deep, the property extended to Burgwal. In 1578, the premises at Molslaan became a carpenters’ yard, whereas the Burggwal part became a municipal lending bank in 1676. In the 19th century, a school was built at Burgwal. Pupils had their gym classes in this magnificent medieval building. A restaurant since 1978.